Comprehensive Guide to Free and Affordable Dentistry
The good news is that there are many dental schools available across the country, where uninsured or underinsured patients can get free and affordable dental care. Currently, there are millions of Americans without any kind of dental insurance. This means that they cannot afford even basic dental care, let alone affording treatment for a more serious dental complication.
The good news is that there are many dental schools available across the country, where uninsured or underinsured patients can get free and affordable dental care. At these schools, the treatments are provided by dental students, because this is the way these dental students learn through hands-on practice.
However, their work is at all times closely supervised by professional dentists, so there is no need to worry regarding the safety, professionalism, or quality of these services.
The dental students offer everything from the most basic treatments such as dental cleanings, scaling or extractions, and up to the most complex treatments such as dental implants or even root canal treatments.
Therefore, if you have been worrying regarding the safety of these treatments, you can now rest assured that you will have access to top-notch dental care services for a fraction of the price you would normally pay at a dental office. Quite often, many of these services are offered completely free.
Below, you will find a comprehensive list of dental schools by state, which offers such free and affordable dental care treatments.
Free and Affordable Dental Care in California
All across California, there are several dental schools available where patients can go whenever they need dental treatments data low price.
- The University of California Los Angeles School of Dentistry: provides affordable dental care for both children and adults, and you will usually pay up to 50% less than in a dental office.
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry: here you can find a wide spectrum of dental services, ranging from cleanings, fillings and extractions and up to dental braces, dental implants or root canal treatments.
- University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Norris Dental Science Center Clinic. Here, you will also find a wide range of dental treatments, which cost significantly less than services in a private office. Patients with Delta Dental or Denti-Cal insurance plans are extremely welcome.
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry: this is a dental school which besides the usual and basic dental treatments, also offers cosmetic dental treatments such as the Invisalign invisible braces, and all other orthodontic treatments.
Colorado Free and Affordable Dental Services
- At the University of Colorado, School of Dentistry patients receive discounted dental treatments. The single drawback is that patients are put on a waiting list, and the treatment time might take longer than usual. Remember that students are learning through practice, and the professional dentists must supervise every single piece of work performed by them.
Free and Affordable Dental Care in Connecticut
- Very affordable and free dental services can be received at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. Even though the dental treatment times might be lengthier than treatments received at a private practice, the prices are significantly lower.
Free and Affordable Dental Work in Florida
- The best two dental schools across Florida where patients can receive free and affordable dental care include the University of Florida College of Dentistry and the Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine.
At these school clinics, patients can choose low-cost dental care, special endodontic treatments, periodontics, oral surgery and even prosthetic treatments such as bridges, crowns, and partial dentures.
Illinois Free and Low-Cost Dental Care
- Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. At this school, there is a special dental implant program available, but also special oral surgery, advanced diagnostics, and prosthodontic treatments.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago College Dentistry – here are welcome both children and adults for special dental treatments at affordable prices.
Free and Low Cost Dental Care in Indiana
- At the Indiana University School of Dentistry, patients with almost all types of insurance policies are highly welcome to receive the treatments. They also have a special dental program for the homeless, called the Gennesaret Free Clinic, and quite often the students here offer dentures for free.
Iowa Low Cost Dental Services
At the University of Iowa College of Dentistry, the low-cost dental services are provided by dental students, and it is important to keep in mind that treatment times might take longer than at a private office.
Free and Affordable Dental Care in Kentucky
- The University of Louisville School of Dentistry – the dental school clinic thrives through excellence because they offer free and affordable dental care for well over a century! The students here offer a very wide spectrum of both basic and comprehensive dental care services.
- University of Kentucky College of Dentistry – There is usually a pre-admission examination performed and after that, you are provided with a cost estimate so that you can see and compare for yourself the prices. There are several types of payment schedules available, for patients who struggle really hard to pay for the services in one installment.
Free and Affordable Dental Work in Louisiana
- At the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC School of Dentistry), both children and adults are provided with affordable and free dental care in the fields of orthodontics, periodontics, and endodontics.
Free and Affordable Dental Clinic in Maryland
One proud descendant of the first dental college in the world is the University of Maryland Dental School. Dental students proudly offer free and affordable dental care treatments to patients who cannot otherwise afford to pay full fees at a private practice, or those who simply do not have any kind of dental insurance.
Free and Low-Cost Dental Clinics in Massachusetts
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine – world-renowned faculty, and extra high-quality dental treatments at affordable prices. Patients are offered an oral examination in order to detect the problems right at the Harvard Dental Center. After the examination, a dental treatment plan together with cost estimates is being drafted.
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine – focusing mostly on offering restorative and preventative dentistry at affordable prices. On average, the prices for the dental services are around 70% of what is normally charged by Boston area dental clinics.
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine – Among the most important low-cost dental treatments offered: crowns, bridges, dental implant restorations, root canal treatments, dental bonding & fillings, gum disease treatments and even pathology examinations.
Michigan Affordable Dental Clinics
Two of the most renowned dental schools offering high-quality treatments at reasonable prices include:
- The University of Michigan School of Dentistry – After you go through a preliminary appointment, called PAES, the staff will evaluate what program suits your needs the best. Patients will also receive time and cost estimates regarding their dental treatment.
- The University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry – the student clinics here provide low-cost dental treatments that cost even up to 40%- 50% less than prices charged in private practices. The screening appointment is free, but patients who need X-rays will have to pay a fee of $48.
Minnesota Free and Affordable Dental Services
- The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry provides patients with free and affordable high-quality dental treatments. Most insurance plans are accepted, and they refuse treatments mainly to patients whose treatment needs are larger and more complex than what the dental school can offer.
Affordable Dental Care in Mississippi
- At the University of Mississippi School of Dentistry, patients will pay for the dental services at the time of dental treatments. The faculty staff offers a wide range of basic and comprehensive dental treatments at highly affordable prices.
Missouri Affordable Dental Clinic
- The UMKC or the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry offers a very wide range of oral health services to patients from the area. Regarding the dental costs, these are 1/3 to ¼ less than private care costs. The more expensive the treatment that you need, the greater the savings will be.
Free and Affordable Dental Services in Nebraska
- The University of Nebraska College of Dentistry – offers a wide range of affordable dental services, and the treatments are provided by dental students whose work is constantly supervised by the professional dental staff. The fees are considerably lower than those charged in private practices.
- The Creighton University School of Dentistry – the fee for the initial dental appointment where all your dental conditions will be assessed is about $60. Patients with extremely complex needs might not be able to get treatment, because this is a teaching school. Patients need to make the integral payment for the affordable dental services, right at the moment, the treatments are provided.
Nevada Free and Affordable Dental Care
- The University of Nevada at Las Vegas School of Dental Medicine – student doctors offer dental treatments, and the prices are very affordable. You can save even up to 50% of the charges at a private dental practice.
New Jersey Low-Cost Dentistry
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – offers affordable dental health services, patients are evaluated based on eligibility criteria. Treatment costs are extremely affordable.
New York Free and Affordable Dental Care at Dentistry Schools’ Clinics
In the state of New York, there are plenty of dental schools available, where patients can get free and affordable care of high quality:
- The New York University College of Dentistry – the NYUCD offers high quality, affordable dental treatment for patients of all ages. According to estimations, every year there are treated around 275,000 patients who cannot otherwise afford treatment in private dental practices, or whose insurance plans do not offer enough coverage.
- University at Buffalo School of Dentistry – treatment time is considerably longer than the time at a private dental office, but the fees are significantly lower. The dental students are under close supervision by the professional medical staff, so there is no need to worry regarding the quality of the dental treatments.
- School of Dental Medicine – SUNY at Stony Brook-welcomes patients with an extremely comfortable and professional environment. A wide range of dental services is offered at very reasonable prices.
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry – Eastman Dental offers its patients a wide spectrum of professional dental services at low prices. The teaching clinic also offers nitrous oxide sedation for patients with dental phobia.
Free and Low-Cost Dental Care in North Carolina
- The East Carolina University School of Dentistry welcomes patients from all walks of life, who want to receive affordable dental care. The clinic also organizes plenty of free Mission of Mercy free dental events. Low-income patients are particularly well served by this clinic.
- The University of NC at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry – the clinic offers high quality affordable dental care services for patients who cannot afford to pay full prices at private dental offices.
Ohio Free and Affordable Dental Treatment
- The Ohio State University School of Dentistry – the dental staff offers preventative low-cost dental treatments such as cleanings or filings, but also emergency dental treatments or complex dental services. Patients can save a lot of money by choosing treatment at dental schools across the country.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Dentistry – the costs charged at this dental clinic are approximately 50% less than prices charged at private dental clinics across the state.
Free and Affordable Dental Care in Oklahoma
- The University of Oklahoma School of Dentistry offers a wide array of dental treatments including dental cleanings, fillings, root canal treatments, partial dentures, bridges, and also dental implants at extremely affordable costs. Some cosmetic dental procedures are also included such as teeth whitening or veneer applications.
Oregon Affordable Dental Clinic
- The Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry – here, the dental students offer high quality professional dental treatments at reduced prices. The costs are typically 50% lower than charges at the private practices across the state.
Pennsylvania Low-Cost Dental Care
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine – here, patients have access to several payment plan options, which guarantee affordable rates for the dental treatments provided.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dentistry – here you will find both basic dental treatments and specialty dental care services. Even though it will generally take a much longer time for these treatments to complete, the discounts are extremely generous.
- Temple University School of Dentistry of Philadelphia – patients who live on a low income, or those who are underinsured, can enjoy here reduced prices even for the most comprehensive dental treatments.
Puerto Rico Affordable Dental Services
- At the University of Puerto Rico School of Dentistry, patients can have access to the latest trends and technologies in the field of dentistry. Patients in need of specialized dental treatment can simply make inquiries at the faculty, regarding affordable dental treatments.
South Carolina Low-Cost Dental Care
- The Medical University of South Carolina – MUSC College of Dental Medicine – here the patients can rest assured that they will receive extra high-quality dental treatments for prices that fit all pockets. Generally, the patients need to be available for quite long treatment sessions (around 3 hours/session).
Affordable Dental Care in Tennessee
- Meharry College of Dentistry – patients are invited to a very friendly atmosphere, where they will be provided with high-quality dental services. The prices are competitive, even though people will need to be extremely patient, as treatment times might take longer than the treatment time in private dental offices.
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry – both children and adults have access to discounted dental care of high quality. The dental emergency fees are also very competitive at the dental college.
Texas Affordable Dental Care
Several dental schools in Texas offer affordable dental treatments at competitive prices:
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Dental Branch – patients have access to the following dental treatments at affordable prices: oral; surgery treatments, periodontics, oral pathology, endodontics, prosthodontics (braces) and pediatric dentistry.
- Baylor College of Dentistry – those who want top quality dental treatments at much lower prices, should definitely visit this dental school. The dental students offer a wide range of specialty dental treatments for patients who cannot afford to go to a private dentist.
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio – children and adults are welcome to join the clinic for high-quality treatments at low prices. Patients can get up to 60% discounts compared to the prices charged at private dentists.
Low-Cost Dental Treatment in Virginia
- At the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry – VCU dental students here provide from basic to comprehensive dental care services. People who live on low-income means, or those who do not have enough/proper dental insurance coverage, are welcome to join this school clinic.
Affordable Dentistry in Washington
- At the Howard University College of Dentistry – dental students welcome both children and adults who need basic or comprehensive dental treatments at reduced prices.
West Virginia Free and Affordable Dental Treatment
- West Virginia University School of Dentistry – Patients of all ages are welcome to join the dental clinic for the best quality dental treatments. The students are under the direct supervision of the professional dentists, so there is no need to worry regarding the quality of the health services provided.
Wisconsin Low-Cost Dental Care
- The Marquette University School of Dentistry is one of Wisconsin’s best dental school clinics. Here, dental students provide low-cost dental treatments to patients 13+ years old, and the dental services typically cost 30% to 50% lower than charges in private dental practice.